Part-Time Bookkeeper Position
Bookkeeper Job Description
The bookkeeper position records and creates financial transactions and creates financial reports from that information. The creation of financial transactions includes posting information to our QuickBooks software from such source documents as invoices to customers, credit card receipts, and supplier invoices/bills. The bookkeeper also reconciles accounts to ensure their accuracy.
1. Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
2. Pay any debt as it comes due for payment, or as instructed
3. Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
4. Issue invoices to customers
5. Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
6. Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account
7. Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
8. Issue financial statements
9. Create periodic reports to management.
10. Assist in maintaining our hour tracking software
11. Provide information to the external accountant who creates the company’s financial statements
12. Take on accounts payable duties such as: recording receipts, bills, and invoices into QB, ensuring proper job costing.
13. Calculate and issue financial analysis of the financial statements
14. Assist in maintaining an orderly accounting filing system
15. Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
16. Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
17. Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
The bookkeeper candidate must have high-speed reliable internet connection. Candidate must demonstrate ability to learn and do data entry in multiple ways. Candidate should have excellent computer skills and know multiple shortcuts (hit “Tab” to go to next field, etc).
The bookkeeper candidate should have an Associate's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience, as well as knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles. Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of the QuickBooks Pro 2013 and newer accounting software packages.
Specific job training will be conducted so that the bookkeeper knows how our books are kept and the specifications of our accounts. Additional training for QuickBooks and Accounting Principles may be available for candidates who demonstrate learning ability but lack rudimentary knowledge of bookkeeping and QuickBooks.
The work can be performed remotely from your home via a secure internet connection. Bookkeeper is to work at least 2 days per week to ensure timely records of account and finances. It is approximately that the work can be completed in about 10 hours total per week. Bookkeeper is to come into the physical office every other week to maintain filing.
Please email with your application to
Include a resume if available and an explaination of why you are qualified.
Entry level position: Starts at $15/hr after training.
Thank you for looking!